“After home delivery, in-store pickup is the second most popular delivery choice for customers.”
This is what Amazon said.
Amazon recently launched a program called Amazon Local Selling, which includes BOPIS (BuyOnlinePickupInStore). Amazon Local Selling allows customers to make purchases from local sellers that use their own delivery services to deliver the purchased goods. BOPIS, on the other hand, allows customers to purchase on Amazon and go to the local store/warehouse of the seller to pick up the goods.
This manual is designed to provide you with all the information you need to understand and efficiently manage your BOPIS orders using SellEnvo’s platform.
SellEnvo’s BOPIS feature allows sellers to list their products on Amazon’s store and have customers come directly to the seller’s store to pick up their purchase. As soon as an Amazon customer purchases a BOPIS item, SellEnvo will notify the seller through an API, alerting their associates to select, package, and set aside the product while ensuring accurate inventory availability and creating a positive in-store pickup experience for the
Inventory Sync: Data Flow
Sellenvo is the master of stock: In this scenario, Sellenvo would be responsible for maintaining and updating the inventory levels for all products. It would receive orders from Linnworks and adjust the stock levels accordingly.
Linnworks is master of stock: In this scenario, Linnworks would be responsible for maintaining and updating the inventory levels for all products.
Neither is master of stock: In this scenario, neither Sellenvo nor Linnworks would be designated as the sole master of stock
Workflow for Amazon Local Selling in SellEnvo
Process your orders and prepare items for home delivery and/or in-store customer pick up, all without leaving the SellEnvo platform. The process is simple: once the customer places the order on Amazon, the SellEnvo Amazon store service automatically creates that order in SellEnvo as a pending order. Once the order is confirmed by Amazon, the order shows in SellEnvo as a regular order with your Ship To address on it.
In the context of integrations, “sales channels” refers to the different platforms or marketplaces where a business sells its products or services. Examples of sales channels include Amazon, Etsy, and Shopify, as well as physical storefronts or retail locations. Integrating with different sales channels allows businesses to manage their inventory, fulfill orders, and track sales and customer data across multiple platforms from a single system.
Take full inventory control and visibility across all your retail and wholesale channels, systems, and fulfillment locations.
Get products from channels or add new products using a dashboard and list them off the inventory of a store. This catalog contains all the data related to the products which include product images, descriptions, quantities, and prices.
Support your business as it grows with high-performance integrations and connectors to 3rd party apps and services, through various open-source eCommerce platforms like Amazon, OpenCart, eBay, Magento, WooCommerce, and others to build a fully-functional eCommerce website.
To create an Amazon BOPIS Store in SellEnvo, follow the steps below
- Go to integrations > sales channels
- From the Toolbox, select Channels > Amazon Settings.
- A window will pop up, Click on the BOPIS icon in the upper right-hand corner of the panel.
When creating a BOPIS store, we click on the Amazon store and create a store, but if it is in the drop-down list, the required storage is selected
- Open the newly created store from the grid.
- When creating a BOPIS store, we click on the Amazon store and create a store, but if it is in the drop-down list, the required storage is selected
- Now we go to the settings or configurations of this store on Amazon, and when you click on it, the following will be filled in:
- In the General panel, add the Alias, phone number, primary contact email, address, city, state, country, zip code, and other general details
- Operating hours, which means the working hours of the store, and the following appears in it:(Timezone, Days)
- Handling time is the time required by the seller to process the order.
- Inventory hold period, after the order is prepared and waited for hours and days (which are specified in the Handing Time option) and is not received, it will be canceled and refunded.
- As for “Download Amazon Stores”, it is in case you need to download the existing data of the stores.
- Go to “inventory” and then click on “sales channels inventory”
- The list that appears to us is the warehouse associated with the corresponding store in BOPIS
- Then select “channel” from the dropdown menu and BOPIS.
- Then we click on “Update inventory settings” for one of them.
- BOPIS inventory settings will appear to us and we will specify its data.
Manage BOPIS Products and Orders
Through the BOPIS APIs, SellEnvo allows you to manage store setup, store-level inventory, and order status updates (ready-for-pickup and picked-up).
Integration Options for BOPIS
- Create and update shipping templates with in-store pickup enabled
- List products
- Associate items with stores
- Create stores
- Update store-level inventory
- Update inventory by store
- Retrieve new order details
- Provide order pickup signals to Amazon
- Provide order status updates to Amazon using API
BOPIS Process Deep Dive
Stores (Supply Sources)
- Can be created via API, no Seller Central Support
- Unique id is created for every store
- Data points for each store include store name, address, operating hours, contact details, handling time, and inventory hold period
- BOPIS can be enabled on existing shipping templates as a checkbox
- In order for customers to see the pickup option, ISPU must be enabled on the shipping template and store inventory must be added for associated SKUs
- No SKU variation is required
- BOPIS-only offers are not supported
- Prices must be the same as delivery offers
- BOPIS inventory (by store) is separate from delivery inventory on Amazon and is not visible in Seller Central
- Orders must be set to “Ready for Pickup” or “canceled” within the store’s handling time
- Orders can be set to “Ready for Pickup” or “Picked up” only via API (no Seller Central support)
- Refunds must be initiated if the buyer returns the item directly to the store or does not pick up the item after 5 days from the “Ready for Pickup” event